Wednesday 20 April 2016

Vampire research


Ive always loved watching Vampire movies. My favourite has always been interview with a vampire. I like the fact that it has focused on them being animals and lustful creatures, that suck the life out of humans. I feel that it covers a lot of ground and runs through different eras so that you can get a feel of how they have lived for so long. I love the moral conflict and how the realities of being a vampire, good and bad are exposed with the characters and there different situations. I definitely like this look too as this is classically the vampire look but they are still very good looking and affluent. I will use this for a reference when designing my vampire Quentin because of the New Orleans locations and romantic lighting and backdrop. I love the old feel to this.


Another example is the Twilight franchise. I must admit that when I first watched it I loved it. I was younger and loved how they modernised the classic vampire look and really integrated them into society. The don't burn in the sun they sparkle. They don't feed off of humans but animals they hunt. The are morally good and fight for whats right. There are rules that they have to follow. I liked that the vampire and supernatural aspect was secondary and the relationship was the the main focus. I think it gave the subject a different modern feel.



Blade 1,2,3:

This is a great example of a vampire movie. Its action packed and modern but dark and takes a gory turn when a pack of vampires set out to make a breed of new pure vampires. The leader of this pack is German and feels like a reference to the second war war. I really like the edge to this movie and the second. I love the no nonsense and no romance look at the vampire. The main man Wesley Snipes is a powerful lead and his half mortal and half vampire self is out to rid the world of vampires to avenge his mothers death.


Dracula:

After a Solicitor Jonathan(Keanu Reeves) comes to Transylvania to visit Dracula (Gary Oldman) and manage some property business for him, Dracula sets off to seduce his fiance (Winona Ryder). He believe's she is the reincarnation of his wife who committed suicide years earlier. He leaves terror in his wake and tries to make Mina (Winona Ryder) His vampire bride. I love this story for its eerynature and the locations and set design. It feels very close to the original story and goes a little deeper into the meaning of how Dracula came to be. It has a romance side but also tragedy and deals with the scorned man and revenge. Really enjoyed watching this classic. 


The lost Boys:

This is an absolute classic. It takes the 80's teen movies to the next level with a teen vampire gang roaming the streets at night. The main character Sam (Corey Haim) has to save his brother Michael (Jason Patric) from being turned into a vampire by his new friends. With a strong cast and Tantric Score this is an Iconic version of the vampire legend. This is one of my favourites I love the interwoven relationships and the teen aspect. Its the classic Teen movie with a twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment