Thursday 14 April 2016

Continuity Assessment: Part 2: With my sister Modelling











Health and Safety: 
  1. Set up station neatly and safely.
  2. Make sure tools and equipment are clean and sterilised ready for application. 
  3. Make sure consultation and any allergy tests have been completed before the treatment.
  4. Cover model.
  5. Make sure all electrical equipment is set up safely and securely.
Tools and Equipment:
  1. Cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
  2. Couch Roll, Tissue, Cotton Buds, Cotton Pads, Spatulas, palette.
  3. Face wipes.
  4. Primer Illamasqua.
  5. Embryolisse Moisturiser.
  6. Mac Foundation NW13.
  7. Mac palette concealer.
  8. Nars Concealer.
  9. Illamasqua Translucent Powder.
  10. Blush palette
  11. Illamasqua sculpt Palette.
  12. Brushes
  13. Revolution Neutral Palette.
  14. Maybelinne Mascara
  15. Mac Pink Lipstick in please me.
  16. Beauty Blender.
  17. Pintail Comb
  18. Curling tongs
  19. Paddle Brush
  20. Bobby Pins
  21. Clear hair bands
  22. Hair Spray
  23. Black and White Hair wax.
  24. Section Clips.
Technique and Application:
  1. I first sectioned my models hair into 3 sections. One for the back bun, and one either side of the middle parting. 
  2. I then clipped the 2 sections either side of the middle parting. To keep them out of the way.
  3. I then tied up the back section into a ponytail.
  4. I then split the ponytail into 2 sections and plaited each one securing them with a clear band. 
  5. I then twisted these 2 plaits into a bun and secured then with bobby pins. 
  6. I made sure the pins were hidden and the hair was neat and tidy. Cleaning the stray hairs with hairspray.
  7. I then began to curl each side of the parting into ringlets. 
  8. Once I had finished the hair, I lightly pinned the hair off of the face so I could begin The makeup application.
  9. I began by cleansing, toning and moisturising Bizzee's face.
  10. I then applied primer to create an even base.
  11. I then began to apply the foundation to cover any uneven colouration. 
  12. I then applied concealer under the eyes and to any blemishes. 
  13. I then applied translucent powder to set the base.
  14. I then contoured under Bizzee's cheekbones to create a hollow look under the cheekbones. 
  15. I then applied blusher to the apple of the cheeks.
  16. I then lightly filled in my sisters eyebrows to even out the colour. She has had her eyebrows tattooed on so I only had to fill them in slightly. 
  17. I then applied the tiniest amount of mascara to the lashes to make them look as natural as possible. 
  18. I then applied the lipstick to Bizzee's lips with a lip brush. I applied this lightly as I wanted the colour to be close to her natural colour. 
  19. When I was finished I then applied translucent powder to set all of the makeup.
  20. I then used the moments before taking the photos to fix any stray hairs or any mistakes. 
Outcome:

I'm really happy with the outcome of this and proud of how I managed the problem solving aspect of my assessment. I have had no practise time, as this was so last minute, but I feel that I have done very well at re-creating this look. I worked really hard at the sectioning of the hair as I knew this was the hardest part to make look the same. I am disappointed however, at the outcome of the curls. In the first part of the assessment The curls were a lot looser than in the second. I am disappointed with this as I feel that If I had had more practise time, I would have had a chance to see and realise the time and attention to detail it takes to create the same structure of curls a second time around. I realised too late this time that you need to focus on the condition of the hair before styling it each time. You need to ask yourself, is the hair newly washed each time you styled it. This helps with the structure of the curl, as does timing the amount you hold the curls in the curling wand. This would have shown me how long they needed to be in the curling wand to re-create the same curl structure. Because this was a last minute re-design I wouldn't find this out until later. This did teach me a lot about practising techniques all the time though so that you, can be prepared for any opportunity. I'm happy with the way everything worked out as I learned some valuable lessons and learned that I can work under pressure and problem solve when things go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment