Saturday 23 April 2016

Close up photos of my Claudia Makeup final outcome.




When looking at the Claudia and Quentin photos that I took a couple of weeks ago, I realised that I didnt have any close up shots of my sister Bizzee as Claudia. I decided do the look again at home for the close up shots. I wanted you to see the design and technique of the makeup application. I'm really pleased with the outcome of my look as I feel that it fits really well with the True Blood series. Below  are the details of my application and products used.

Products and tools:
  1. Cleanser, toner and moisturiser
  2. Satin Primer Ilamasqua
  3. Kryolan Foundation and Concealer palette
  4. Anastasia Contour colour in Banana 
  5. Illamasqa setting powder
  6. Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
  7. Naked 2 Palette
  8. Benefit mascara
  9. Mac white and black eyeliners
  10. Mary-louminiser
  11. Baby oil
  12. Nude lip liner with nude lipstick and sheer golden lipgloss all Kiko
  13. Eyeshadow, face brushes
  14. Tissue and cotton wool
  15. Brow Brushes
  16. Setting spray
  17. Hair brush
  18. sectioning comb
  19. Body brush
Application:
  1. I prepped the hair first as I was wetting it and didn't want to ruin the makeup with this later. I wet my models hair and covered it in baby oil so that it didn't dry.
  2. Firstly with the makeup application, I cleansed toned and moisturised to remove the makeup
  3. I then applied satin primer
  4. I then applied foundation
  5. I then applied concealer for the under eyes and brought it down to create more dimension.
  6. I then applied my liquid bronzer. However i didn't put the bronzer in the usual places as my sister already has very pronounced bone structure. So I brought the bronzer down slightly so that it almost pushed them back into her face and gave her a softer look. I also used this to contour her nose as she has a low bridge. 
  7. I then began applying the eye shadow and blending it out. I used a tissue to stop fall out. 
  8. I then used my mac pencil to darken to eye close to the root of the eyelash.
  9. I then applied the mascara and applied the eye lashes.
  10. I then filled in the eyebrows and shaped them.
  11. I then set the makeup with setting spray.
  12. I then applied highlighter to the heights of her face. This would create the dewy look I was after without having to wet her face too much.
  13. I then rubbed the baby oil into my hands and carefully placed it on my models face and body. 
  14. I then ran it through my models hair and combed it through. 
  15. To make the hair detail on my models shoulders and chest, I Sectioned two pieces of my models hair Underneath, either side of my models head and split them into 3. 
  16. I then covered them with more baby oil and stuck them in my design symmetrically on her chest and shoulders.
Outcome:

I'm really happy I chose to do a close up application so you can really see the technique I used and the detailed effect. I'm really pleased with my design and feel I have managed to channel the nymph into my character and still make her accessible to the audience. I am really happy with the colour palette I used but I think next time I would take it a step further and use more products to make the character more magical. I definitely found it a challenge to create this character with the brief that was given but Im really happy with my design and how it fits in to my chosen show. 





No comments:

Post a Comment