Saturday 23 April 2016

Final look and outcome for Quentin


Final look for Quentin:

For my final look I chose to make Quentin still approachable as Vampires are in True Blood. The vampire Characters in True Blood look like regular people as they are meant to be attempting to fit into normal society. I feel that the True Blood creators created them this way in order to distance them from previous vampire characters. They want you to focus on them as two halves. One side of them fits in and has a human side. This side of them can have relationships with humans and can in most circumstances live a integrated life.The other side to them is dark and lives in the shadows, can prey on humans and control there emotions and actions. They can manipulate and over power them. I wanted to keep my character very human looking. I wanted him to look like everyone else, and the only way you knew he was a vampire, was his pale skin and allergic reaction to silver and avoidance of sunlight. I'm really happy with the outcome of my Quentin character and how my design came to life. 

Tools and products used:
  1. Baby wipes. Cleanser, toner and wipes.
  2. cotton buds, pads and tissues.
  3. Palette Knife
  4. Paint brushes stipple sponge and makeup brushes
  5. Translucent powder
  6. Supra colour palette Kryolan
  7. Kryolan Foundation palette
  8. Bruise wheel
  9. Fake Blood
  10. Cinewax
  11. Afro comb
  12. Section comb
  13. Water spray


Application:
  1. I began by cleaning around the neck of my model ben to prepare for the Cinewax.
  2. I then began warming up the Cinewax with my palette knife. I then applied this to the area of Ben's neck and smoothed the edges down. I then tacked it to make it look like a burn.
  3. Once it was to the shape of my liking I applied translucent powder to set it. I put a lot on as I wanted a dry surface to paint on. 
  4. I then started to colour it. It was supposed to be a burn look from a silver necklace so I looked at photo's of burns for reference. I also looked at photo's of true blood to see what there silver burns looked like. 
  5. I also used a stipple sponge to create a more realistic look.
  6. I then added a bit of blood to create a better colour.
  7. Once I was happy with the burn I then began applying my lightest foundation to Ben's body and used the darker shade to contour Ben's Muscles.
  8. I did the same to Ben's face and used my concealer palette to even his skin tone. 
  9. I then combed his hair and sprayed it with water and messed it up. I wanted Ben's hair to be in its natural state But messy as he had been left laying there.

Outcome:

Im really happy with how this design came out and how Ben looked. I think that both of my character 's looks look really good together and this definitely comes across in the final images. I feel that the research I put into designing Ben's look has been really beneficial. I feel that He fits perfectly into True Blood and the culture of Louisiana and I think Ben's Different look was perfect for the character of Quentin. I wanted to keep his look quite natural and stripped back so he could blend in with the cast. I feel that I have been successful with this. I also wanted to approach the look of 'the vampire' differently as this look has been done so many times and its always gory. I like the style of vampire in true blood and I'm really Pleased with the outcome of the character development and final design.


No comments:

Post a Comment