Thursday 14 April 2016

pirates of the caribbean- dead mans chest - The Voo Doo Preistess

http://images.popmatters.com/news_art/n/naomie-harris-pirates.jpg
I Loved this pirates of the Caribbean and loved the character of the voodoo priestess. I felt that Naomie Harris played the role brilliantly and the costumes, props and set design was sensational. I really felt inspired with this and Voodoo and really gave me an image, when I was thinking of a back story for Quentins Character. I decided to make Quentin's mother a voodoo priestess. I felt living with a mother that was constantly playing with the dark arts and create a void within Quentin that would create difficult relationships with women.

I feel that when creating a character, you have to think about the background and upbringing of that person to bring them to life. I think it makes them more believable and adds depth and truth to their relationships.


Reference:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead mans chest,(2006 film) Gore Vabinski, Walt Disney Pictures, Jerry Bruckheimer Films.

No comments:

Post a Comment