Wednesday 30 March 2016

Second Design for Continuity Assessment: Practise

Before on the Left and after on the right.

Last night I decided to try my second design on my model Ben for the continuity assessment. I have decided to go with a simple look for my design. Dorian Gray was known for being young and beautiful and so I'm going to stick with the original Idea. 
I didn't know much about male makeup and grooming before this assessment so I have had to do a lot of research and look into mens makeup for TV and Film. From what I have learned the idea with mens makeup is to give a clean fresh and youthful look with out it looking like you have applied anything. Your not supposed to be able to see the makeup
Skin care is a key part. Cleansing, toning, moisturising, and concealing is what you begin with as your looking to get rid of any redness or blemishes. Mens pores are generally larger so making these look reduced is the goal.

Health and Safety.
  1. Set up your work space making sure you line everything with couch roll.
  2. Set up your cleaned and sanitised makeup brushes.
  3. Make sure you have done an allergy test on your client.
  4. Make sure all bags and items have been stored away correctly.
  5. Cape your model ready to begin treatment
Items Used.
  1. Cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
  2. Couch roll, tissue, cotton buds and pads.
  3. Wooden spatulas.
  4. Kryolan Concealer Palette.
  5. Blush palette
  6. Pink lip tint.
  7. Dark brown eye shadow
  8. Makeup brushes
  9. Hair brush and combs
  10. Black and White hair wax.
  11. Translucent Powder.
Technique.
  1. I combed through bens hair and parted it in the middle using the sectioning comb.
  2. Once I found the correct parting, I then combed through the hair in this position.
  3. I then used the hair wax to make the parting really precise. This is also a nice way to bring out the wave with the curls. 
  4. I then played with the shape with the comb.
  5. I then began to prep the skin starting with cleansing and toning and then Moisturising to create a smooth surface to begin applying the makeup.
  6. After the prepping part was complete I began applying the concealer to the redness of the skin and to any other areas of Ben's face affected by discolouration and blemishes. 
  7. Once this was done I went over very lightly with the concealer to make sure everything was even. 
  8. I then applied the the translucent powder all over to get rid of any shine.
  9. I then filled in Ben's eyebrows to create slight shape and filling them in. 
  10. I then applied Blusher very lightly to create a youthful flushed look. 
  11. I then applied lipsill to the lips to moisturise them and to make a pink look.
Outcome and Thoughts:

I really love the outcome of this. I found it really subtle but a lot went into making Ben look more polished and 'pretty' as Dorian was seen as youthful and beautiful. I have asked Ben if he can wash his hair the night before the assessment to make it a little more limp. This will make it easier to shape his hair. I also asked if he can shave his beard. till about grade 3 to make sure its neat for the assessment. I think will fit with my Dorian Gray character. Im really pleased with this although I think next time I practise I will use a bit more concealer and blusher to create a more youthful and rosy look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment