Monday 21 March 2016

First half of my Continuity assessment.

Before Shot.
Before Shot.


Today was the first half of my continuity aassessment. 

Health and Safety.
  1. Make sure that you set up your workspace neatly with all trip hazards out of the way.
  2. Make sure you have tested the products on your client first to make sure there are no bad reactions.
  3. Fill out a consultation.
  4. Clean and disinfect tools before use
  5. Cover your client
Tools used:
  1. Couch roll, tissues, cotton buds, cotton pads.
  2. cleanser, toner, moisturiser.
  3. Illamasqau matte primer
  4. Kryolan Concealer Palette. 2 shades
  5. Illamasqua translucent powder.
  6. Revolution Nudes palette.
  7. Lush lip scrub
  8. Lip balm.
  9. Makeup brushes
  10. Cape
  11. Palette
  12. Coastal scents blusher palette
  13. Hair combs
  14. Black and white hair wax
  15. Water in spray bottle
  16. Section clips
  17. Shirt and scarf
  18. Camera, hot shoe adapter, and SD card
Step by step application.
  1. I combed through Ben's hair with an afro comb to make it easier to mould into shape.
  2. I then applied a lot of water to Ben's hair to make it more limp. This was so that I could part it and comb it down.
  3. I then sectioned Ben's parting to the side as per my design.
  4. Once I had parted Ben's hair I then applied the wax all the way through and focused it toward the root area to create clean waves near the parting. 
  5. I then clipped Ben's hair down with the section clips, 1. to keep the hair down and 2. to allow me to do Ben's makeup without getting the make up in Ben's hair. 
  6. I began by cleansing, toning and moisturising Ben's face.
  7. I then used the lush lip scrub to get rid of the dead skin on Bens lips.
  8. I then applied the matte primer all over.
  9. I then applied concealer to Ben's blemishes and also used it to even out his skin tone and create a youthful look.
  10. Once I had finished with the concealer I applied translucent powder to set it.
  11. I then ised my revolution palette in the shade dark brown to fill in Ben's beard and eyebrows. This helped create a youthful look also.
  12. I then went over bens eyelids with a pale nude colour.
  13. I then slightly contoured with a muted brown colour to create a more chiselled look.
  14. I then applied blusher to his cheeks
  15. i then finished with applying lipsil to Ben's lips to make them a little pinker.
  16. I then asked Ben to put the white granddad shirt on and I then put on the scarf. 
Outcome and Thoughts:

I am really pleased with how this went. I had really prepared and practised this design and researched Male makeup application to feel confident enough to pull this off. I kept within the desired time frame and even had extra time at the end to perfect everything before taking pictures. I'm really glad I kept my design simple and focused on creating a male beauty design rather then getting too complicated with special effects. I really wanted to keep to Oscar Wilde's design of the character as it makes sense for the story. I really enjoyed doing Ben's makeup and male makeup in general, so much so that I will Definitely be using male model's again in future projects. 
Overall I'm really pleased with my design outcome and my final makeup application. 




No comments:

Post a Comment