Tuesday 29 March 2016

Bruising with Sue Mainstone

Today we learned how to apply bruising makeup to the skin. We learned about the colour build up and texture and how to layer the colours and shade.


Health and Safety:
  1. Set up station with couch on the counter.
  2. Set up makeup with palettes and brushes easily accessed.
  3. Cape model.
  4. Make sure all tools are clean and sterilised 
Tools:
  1. Cotton buds
  2. Paint brushes
  3. Beauty brushes
  4. Stipple sponge
  5. Ben Nye bruise palette
  6. Supra Color Palette
  7. Couch Roll
  8. Tissue
  9. Translucent powder.
Application:
  1. I began by applying yellow to the area I wanted to focus on. This gave a good base to the bruise, when you get bruises and they start to fade they turn yellow near the edges. So I wanted to do a 2 day old bruise.
  2. I then began mixing the bruise colours. I mixed blue and purple with a little red and applied it to tara's inner eye.
  3. I then began to blend the colours out and layer them, or pull them down the face.
  4. I then applied a little vaseline to the bruise area to create a slight shine. 
Outcome and Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this application. I loved mixing the colours and creating the right depth to the bruise. I really enjoy working with colour so this was really satisfying. I do think this is something that takes a lot of practise to get it looking really realistic, but it could be really useful in future projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment