Wednesday 30 March 2016

Dirty Skin and Teeth: with Sue Mainstone

Todays lesson was about making the skin look dirty. We were shown how to dirty the skin and teeth using our Supra colour palette and tooth enamel. Sue walked us through a tutorial.


The above picture shows the development of the colouration. I do feel that the first 2 images would be a really useful start if I wanted to make someone look dead.   

Health and Safety:
  1. Set up station with couch on the counter.
  2. Set up makeup with palettes and brushes easily accessed.
  3. Cape model.
  4. Make sure all tools are clean and sterilised 
Tools:
  1. Cotton buds
  2. Paint brushes
  3. Beauty brushes
  4. Stipple sponge
  5. Ben Nye bruise palette
  6. Supra Color Palette
  7. Couch Roll
  8. Tissue
  9. Translucent powder.
  10. Tooth enamel in dirty yellow and black.
Application for Dirty Hands:
  1. For the hands I Started by rubbing in the bruise wheel colours. I really worked them into the skin, especially focusing on the bends in the fingers, knuckles and finger nails making them really dirty underneath. 
  2. I then layered black and dark Burgundy together from my Supracolor palette and the Ben Nye Bruise wheel. I then pushed and rubbed this into the skin and continued to until I was happy with the colour.
  3. I then pushed the colour in and around and underneath the finger nails to make them look like they haven't been clean in a long time.
  4. You can continue until you're happy with the colour.
Application for Dirty Teeth:
  1. Dry the teeth with a cotton bud.
  2. Apply the tooth enamel with a cotton bud, getting into all of the cracks and dents in the natural tooth surface.
  3. Layer the colour the way you want it. Using the dark at the bottom and yellow at the top. You can vary this but this is what I did. 
Outcome and Thoughts:

This was probably my favourite SFX lesson so far. I loved layer the colours and making the hands and teeth realistically look dirty. Especially the hands. It was all about pushing the colour into the skin and also about colour. I love working with colour so this was working with what I love. I think I could have probably Dried the teeth more to be able to get more colour on them but I now know this for the next time and can use this. 





No comments:

Post a Comment