Wednesday 30 March 2016

My first design Idea: Face plan


For my first design of Dorian Gray, I was going to create a dream Sequence where he finds him self taking back the ageing process from the painting and wearing his cruelty and immorality. This scene would come after Sybil Vane had killed herself because of his cruelty and rejection. I was going to create a moral dilemma that would make Dorian decide between his vanity and morality.  



In this scene Dorian would have  greyer complexion, slight evil in his eye and as the book says of the painting. 'a touch of cruelty in the mouth'. I was going to exaggerate this in the dream sequence scene  and create more shadows and redder eyes etc. I also wanted to showcase what the skin colouring might have looked like. At this time london was dingy and factories were being built everyday. The smog was a huge factor so I wanted to grey out his complexion to showcase this. I also wanted to try this because at this time rich people didn't spend a lot of time out doors so they were naturally pale. Dorian also went out a lot so I wanted to make him look a little tired if he was taking his looks back. 

Below is my face plan for the first design idea I have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment