Saturday 30 January 2016

Craping the skin with Sue Mainstone

For todays class we learned how to age the skin using liquid latex. Sue gave the class a demo and it was then out turn to set up our workspace according to the H and S rules. 

Health and Safety.

  1. Cover your client with a cape to ensure no product falls onto there clothes. 
  2. Wash hands to avoid bacteria contamination.
  3. Set up your work space in With health and safety in mind. Make sure the space is organised and clean. 
  4. Apply a small amount of liquid latex to your clients skin. Make sure you apply this to the inner forearm as this is the most sensitive area. wait until its dries. If your clients skin goes red, gets itchy, or feels hot do not use on your client. 
Tools used.
  1. Liquid Latex.
  2. Old age stipple
  3. Acetone.
  4. Barrier Cream
  5. Couch roll for surface area.
  6. Artists palette.
  7. Cotton buds.
Technique.
  1. Clean all of the makeup off of your clients skin. 
  2. Cleanse Tone and moisturise your clients skin. This will remove any barrier off of the skin so that the latex will stick.
  3. Once you have removed the any makeup or dirt from the skin, you apply the barrier cream.
  4. Place the liquid latex on a palette or bowl, making sure you put the lid back onto the latex bottle. 
  5. Apply using a stipple sponge. Apply in thin layers to taught skin, and blend the latex out so to get rid of any harsh lines. Wait for them to dry each time. This will give a really wrinkled effect. Dry using a hair dryer on a cool setting. You can see when the latex is dry as it will be clear. 
  6. To make the latex look more like skin, you can apply either translucent powder or slightly tinted. This will give it more texture too, making it look more like skin. 
  7. You can squeeze the skin slightly to create deeper wrinkles.
  8. If you have any harsh lines or lumps, dip a cotton bud into the acetone and lift off the latex very gently. Go lightly with this because you may risk taking off more latex than you mean to. 


Without smiling.



Outcome.

I missed the beginning of this lecture due to a family emergency so I struggled with this class. Sue gave me a briefing and my partner Tolly talked me through it, which I was really grateful of. I struggled at first as I had missed the demo. I didn't know how much to use or how to really apply it, but I found that if I kept practising I could figure out where I was going wrong. I definitely preferred using the liquid latex. Its definitely really interesting to work with and I really want to purchase some of my own so that I can practise. Some of the other girls attempts were fantastic so I really got to see what you could do with latex. I am going to keep practising this as I feel I can create some really interesting looks with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment